- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent).
- Have initiative, be a team player and able to lead the room with two other educators
- Be able to work shifts between Monday to Friday 7 AM to 6:00PM
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid certificate including asthma and anaphylaxis (or willing to obtain)
- Up to date Child Protection training
- Sound knowledge of the National Quality Standards, Regulations and Early Years Learning Framework
- Previous experience in early childhood education and care setting
- Passionate about working with young children and providing exceptional care.
- Ability to create programs based on the EYLF, children’s interests and development.
Responsibilities and traits of a successful applicant include:
- Enthusiastic about working with young children
- Great communication and time management skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Provide high quality care and assist in the education and development of children
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and other Educators
- Contribute to a professional and positive team culture and be a positive role model for others
- Maintain qualification levels in accordance with the current government regulations
Day to day responsibilities:
- Preparation, implementation and evaluation of a developmentally appropriate program for individual children or groups.
- Ensuring a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children.
- Ensuring that records are maintained accurately for each child in their care.
- Develop, implement and evaluate daily care routines
- Adhere to the service’s policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships with the children and families and communicate important information to parents/career