• Follow all safety policies and procedures. Ensure appropriate PPE is worn at all times.
• Immediately report any safety incident or near miss to either the Production Manager or Centre Manager
• Clock on and off each day to reflect attendance and ensure always clocked onto a job or task
• Colour mix and match vehicle after vehicle has been prepared and is scheduled for painting. Ensure that job number is entered into paint mixing system.
• Build and maintain colour library (upon appointment as Colour Librarian)
• Prep vehicle as per Job Sheet requirements following paint supplier’s process
• Prime vehicle as per Job Sheet requirements following paint supplier’s process
• Paint vehicle as per Job Sheet requirements following paint supplier’s process
• Buff and denib vehicle as per Job Sheet
• Handle all vehicles with due care and attention
• Ensure appropriate usage of consumables and materials are used to avoid wastage.
• Upon request carry out minor/small repairs as per Job Sheet
• If required, notate broken parts/extra repairs and submit to Estimator. Ensure authorised before proceeding with additional work
• Double check new parts are correct and not damaged. If not, advise Parts Manager/Production Manager • Ensure your work complies with AMA’s QA standards and sign the QA Sheet to confirm you have checked your work and it meets AMA standards. • As required clean workbay/workshop
• Handle all company tools and equipment with due care and attention ensuring they remain safe, clean and in a workable condition. • Coach apprentice (if assigned as a coach)
• Undertake all lawful and reasonable requests by management.
• Trade qualified Spray Painter
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to learn • A strong work ethic
• An attention to detail • Able to work effectively and collaboratively with the team
• Be reliable, punctual & hardworking
• Constant standing, repetitive hand function and grip
• Frequent walking, forward bent posture, forward reach, static neck postures, pushing and pulling • Occasional lying, squatting, kneeling, stair climbing, trunk twisting/lateral flexion, foot movement, floor to waist lifting up to 15 kg, waist to shoulder lifting up to 10kg and carrying up to 15kg • Rare sitting, overhead reaching, dynamic neck movement, ladder climbing, floor to waist lifting up to 30 kg (2-person lift), overhead lifting up to 5kg and carrying up to 30 kg (2person lift)