The Educator role supports the delivery of quality education and care ensuring that all children are inspired to investigate, create and explore their environment and participate in the educational program. The educator is viewed as a co-learner and collaborator with the child, who observes children carefully, listening to their cues, questions and stories, discovering what interests them and providing meaningful learning opportunities to explore these interests further. You will support the Lead Educator to assess, plan, deliver and reflect on the educational program through your understanding of child development and the approved Learning frameworks (EYLF or VEYLDF).
As an educator you will build and maintain effective relationships with children and families ensuring that education and care routines are responsive and inclusive to each child’s learning and development needs.
In your role of Educator, you will understand the National Quality Framework (NQF) and the approved learning framework (EYLF, VEYLDF) supporting the Lead Educator and Studio to meet the requirements of the National Quality Standards (NQS) and contribute to the Service Quality Improvement Plan. You will operate in accordance with the Harmony Early Learning Journey Vision and Beliefs through actively contributing to and driving positive outcomes for children.
All team members are responsible for ensuring work activities align with the Harmony values of: • Leadership – adopting effective and professional leadership, supporting and mentoring educators to be engaged, involved and empowered. • Respect – Protecting the rights of children, acting with professional integrity and understanding to all children and community. • Equality – Providing equal access to our services for all children and their parents, showing fairness and valuing each child’s uniqueness. • Communication – Communicating effectively and timely with children and families.
Provide and maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
• Understand and comply with National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, Harmony Policy, Procedures and Service Requirements
• Support the Lead Educator and studio in delivering a high-quality education program and practice based on the Early Years Learning Framework or approved learning framework.
• Support the Lead Educator and actively contribute to the educational program and documentation through noticing, recognising, responding and revisiting children’s learning and development.
• Build and maintain effective and responsive relationships with children and collaborative partnerships with teams and families. • Support and adopt a positive team culture that actively contributes to reflective practice and continuous improvement for professional learning and standards.
• Actively participate in the People Performance Philosophy program, ensuring quality and timely involvement in continuous performance conversations with centre leaders.