• Autonomous ‘day to day’ management of all operations of the relevant early childhood service including curriculum management.
• Record management of ‘day to day’ service delivery, including all compliance data and documentation of children’s learning.
• Development, implementation and tracking of the Quality Improvement Plan.
• Supervision of educators and assistance where necessary.
• Training of educators where necessary or requested by the Operations Manager of ECEC.
• Providing formal and informal high-level written communication to all key stakeholders.
• Facilitate regular team meetings and supervisory sessions, and initiate educator’s training and development.
• Representation of the childcare centre at events as directed by the Operations Manager of ECEC.
• Maintain rosters and appoint relief educators to cover absences as required.
• Work alongside the Childcare Accounts team in maintaining records of attendance and managing bookings using the Qikkids data base.
• Reporting in line with weekly and monthly expectations set by the Operations Manager of ECEC.
• Ensure that services operate and maintain high quality practices.
• Maintain professional relationships with all key stakeholders.
• Provide support for other Early Childhood Services, as requested by the Operations Manager of ECEC, Quality and Compliance Coordinator and/or Children’s Services Portfolio Executive Director.
HR and financial management support
• Participate in the recruitment of educators for the service.
• Maintain and support a positive work environment.
• Challenge current practices of educators in order to support and implement the progressive philosophy that is the goal of the childcare centre.
• Ensure effective and efficient financial management of the Early Childhood Service.
• Maintaining, recording, and processing all invoices for services in a timely manner
Professional relationships and networks
• Attend sector meetings and share information gathered with the educational team.
• Work collaboratively with other Centre Directors to ensure high quality service delivery across all childcare services, as required.
• Liaise with government and community organizations as required.
• Maintain professional relationships and networking with appropriate internal and external stakeholders relevant to this process.
Compliance and regulations
• Ensure service is always meeting compliance requirements.
• Actively record qualitative and quantitative data that supports evidence of high quality, in accordance with the NQS.
• Ensure educator compliance with Work Health and Safety regulations.
• Assist with the recording and oversight of NQS and NQF requirements.
• Support educators to comply with paper records and compliance.
• Ensure service is maintaining a current program that is available on whichever medium the organisation is using at that time.
• Willingness to undertake professional development in order to maintain professional knowledge and respond to changes within the sector.
• Support operational requirements by working in ratio if the need arises
• A Diploma (essential) or Degree in Early Childhood Education (or actively working towards).
• Qualifications in Management (Desirable).
Knowledge and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of early childhood developmental theories, particularly socio-cultural theories.
• Demonstrated experience in managing teams of Educators.
• Demonstrated experience working as an Educator in an Early Childhood service (desirable).
• A strong understanding of the NQS and NQF requirements.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and overseeing holistic curriculums.
• A good working understanding of Microsoft Office and other software/programs.
• Working knowledge of the financial and people management components of an education facility.
Capabilities and behaviours
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to assist and contribute to the development of relevant policies and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
• Ability to work within Organisational policies and procedures.
• Ability to promote and maintain a safe and healthy workplace
• Current full driver’s licence.
• A current Working with Vulnerable People Registration or Working with Children Check.
• Australian Citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.
• A current police check (less than 3 months old) at time of interview.